Supreme Court of Texas, 2000
Supreme Court of Illinois, 1995
General Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1995
Associate, Lindsay & Morgan, P.L.L.C., Beaumont, Texas.
- March 2004-present
- Assist partners in all areas of a general practice law firm, including discovery, witness preparation, trial preparation, research, drafting motions, court appearances, mediation, and client counseling. Areas of law include personal injury, discrimination, corporate, bankruptcy, criminal, wills, trusts, and estates, representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
Solo Practitioner, Beaumont, Texas.
- September 2000-March 2004
- Wills, trusts, and estate planning; juvenile and felony court appointments; research and drafting, assist other attorneys in civil cases.
Associate Corporate Counsel, Applied Systems, Inc., University Park, Illinois.
- January 1996-December 1997
- Assist corporate and outside counsel in litigation, drafting motions, discovery, etc., drafting software and hardware license agreements, and creating and maintaining the intellectual property portfolio. Assisted at trial September 24-October 3, 1996, in Harbor Software v. Applied Systems before Judge Baer in the Southern District of New York; later assisted with the appeal, working with outside counsel, including Retired Judge George Pratt, author of the Altai decision.
Clerk, David A. Epstein, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois.
- Fall 1994-Spring 1995
- Researching, drafting, filing, etc. Judge Epstein sits on the Illinois Court of Claims and is a solo practitioner. I researched for both his practice and his opinions.
Clerk, Zenoff & Zenoff, Chtd., Chicago, Illinois.
- Summer 1994
- Researching, drafting, filing, etc.
Clerk, Center for Law and Computers, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois.
- Fall 1993-Fall 1994
- Worked with Center for Law and Computers to maintain lab computers.
- Summer 1993
- Worked with Professor Ronald Staudt to create an electronic casebook for his Computer Law class. The casebook was a prototype for the Electronic Publishing Initiative at Chicago-Kent, which created a paperless first-year curriculum.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois.
Juris Doctor, 11 June 1995
Certificate in International Law
- President, Computer Law Association (CLASS)
- Secretary, Chicago-Kent Federalist Society
- Deutsch Klub
- International Law Society
- Intellectual Property Society
Loyola University, New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Bachelor of Arts in Music History, Minors in English Literature and Philosophy, May 1992.
- GPA: 3.36
- Dean's List, Fall 1987
- University Chorale, Alto Section Leader
Institute for European Studies, Vienna, Austria, Spring 1990
Studied German, history, philosophy, art, architecture, and political science.
- WESTLAW and LEXIS
- Folio Views
- Aldus PageMaker
- Microsoft FrontPage
- The Master Genealogist
- Various communications programs and bulletin board systems
- Operating Systems
- Experience with:
- some hardware experience, including building my own PC
Genealogy, German, piano, choral singing, opera, classical music, computers, traveling, camping.
Other interests of mine.
Send me email@example.com
L.A.W. 12 June 2004